Jan 16, 2009

Football this weekend

Cross your fingers, pray, visualize...do whatever you do for the Eagles. Zach is on pins and needles over his beloved Eagles. All they have to do is make it through and they're SUPERBOWL bound. The last time they were in the SB, I had no idea that it was as big of a deal as it is, and it had been a long weekend and we had absolutely no plans on doing anything for the game. Chris was gonna go to a friends house, and I had just planned on staying home with Zach and watching all of the game commercials.

Chris left the house and Zach was back in his room for awhile, and came out dressed in jeans (only), with black and green mardi gras beads (don't know where those came from) that he had made into belts, necklaces, headbands, etc. He brought me paint and instructed me what to paint on his back, WORD FOR WORD, so I did not make any mistakes. He then asked me what I was making for snacks and what we would be grilling. I asked him if he realized that it was only he and I for the game, that we werent having a SB Party? He informed me that if the Eagles were in the SB, it WAS a party, and even if it were just he and I, I needed to get busy and make us some game snacks.

Needless to say, we ran the gamut that game on emotions especially since the EAGLES did not prevail over the Patriots. Let's hope for better luck this weekend!

No comments: