Feb 23, 2010

It's 3 AM somwhere...

I woke up in the middle of the night and looked at the clock and though “Whew, 3 AM, thank god I get to go back to sleep”. ……..

3:10 AM “Oh, no, go back to sleep body, it’s not time yet”.

3:20 AM “Seriously….not this again…I will try the counting backwards thing”. 99, 98,97, flip, 96, 95, 94, flip pillow,93, 92, 91, flip, flip, flip, flip pillow, and so on.

3:45 AM “My god, why does my husband breathe so loud????And why do these great danes miniature schnauzers have to take up the entire bed…….!???They are SO going over to his side…!”

Flip, flip, flip pillow, flip…..What freaking number am I on anyway...flip..

And then somewhere around 4 a switch flipped in my head. I stretched out and thought “Wow, my bed is really, really warm and comfy”. It was cold out tonight, I bet there were a lot of people who would really love to be here lying in my bed, awake or not. And there are probably a lot of people who would give anything to lay there and listen to their husband breathe for just one more night. So I decided to just lay there and be thankful for these things and listen to the quiet of my house around me (minus the loud breathing husband and snoring bed-hogging biggest pains in the butt ever dogs.

No comments: