Mar 4, 2010

Guess What I'm Reading Right Now?

I'll give you a hint. It's not War and Peace.

I am ADDICTED to bubblegum teeny-bopper series.  My latest dirty lil' secret is: Pretty Little Liars, by Sara Shephard. Wicked is the 5th book in the series and it completely feeds my inner 13-year old soul.  I'm immediately transported back to weekends of too many of us piled in a bed, eating funyuns and watching b-rate movies (On VHS no less, although some people had a Betamax. Boy were they stupid, THAT idea sure didn't work out). Movies we picked out based STRICTLY because they looked like they had Oscar potential and would help the development of our inner character the cover depicted some type of spring break getaway, private school antics or slumber party terror.  Times where Aqua Net, Hot Stix/Benders, Bandeaus, Beverly Hills 90210 (the orginal!), Yaz, Prince and 2 for $1.00 hot dogs from Stop-N-Go ruled the world.  200 pennies = 4 hot dogs. Man, I miss those hot dogs. 













Gasp...Must...read....something....that...won't...make..me...a...
literary...ra-tarrd...Gasp..


Who am I kidding. These things are like Lays Potato Chips…can’t eat just one and they're definitely not the brussel sprout of the literary world but they Sho R Good.

Next time…maybe..:)

No comments: