Mar 14, 2010

I spent the afternoon laying on the backporch reading my new book, Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Self-Centered, Smart Ass or Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office (by Jen Lancaster). This is one of the FUNNIEST books I have ever read. I have laughed my butt off (wish that were literal, sigh..would be so much better than the gym and grilled chicken….sigh). I have torn through it and can’t wait to start the next one - Bright Lights, Big Ass:A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl’s Guide to Why It Often Sucks in the City, or Who Are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door To Me? These are pee-in-your-pants, people will look at you when you laugh because you’re by yourself, funny. F-U-N-N-Y.
I seriously think it’s possible that Jen Lancaster and I might have been separated at birth. I can't wait for my mom and sisters to read this book and see how many times they say "Omg - that is SO Sarah!".

Except I’m prettier. And smarter. Kidding. But you will get the joke if/when you read the book :)

And while I was busy upping my literary ante (I'm pretty sure these books are on all of the top intellectual book lists, like, the President and like Oprah probably read these)...Mattie May spent the day doing this. Geez, she is like so 3rd grade or something, like you know? I am going to be, like, SOOOO much smarter then her!

No comments: